Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cards for Soldiers Christmas Part 1

Happy Thursday Bloggers.  It is a warm, humid day here and I don't want to go and blowdry my hair.  I'm sure as soon as I'm done, it will wilt in this weather.  I think it will be like 75 degrees here.  I am not a fan.  I want nice dry, fall weather to finish the boys soccer season.  Today I work the concession stand.  I don't think we'll be selling a lot of hot chocolate!!!  It feels weird posting Christmas cards when the temperature is so warm, BUT, it is coming so time to get busy. 

The deadline for cards for soldiers in Nov 1st for Christmas and the other religious holidays in Dec/January.  Since I figure they will want a lot of christmas cards, I planned two workshops for this.  The first workshop was Sunday October 24th.  Below are the cards we made at that one.














I have another workshop this Sunday (October 31st) and I'm busy designing a new set of Christmas cards for that get together.  I have a nice snowflake design already done and I'm playing with a different tree/bird combination and cute Santa one.  We should have some fun ones to make.  Watch the blog next week for those.  And also, I plan to post all of these on my etsy shop for single or multiple purchase.   

I'm being lazy today and have not included the recipes for any of these cards.  If you want to know about any of them, leave me a comment or send me an e-mail.  I'll be happy to give you the details.  The tree and gingerbread house are A*Muse.  The mittens and beaver are Stampin up.  That gives a little clue!

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These were so much fun to make! They are all wonderful Linda, but my favorites are the house and the trees with the little bird! I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week! I'm still not sure if I can make it, but at least I'll be able to see them here on your blog! Happy Halloween! :D