Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cards for Soldiers Christmas Part 2

Hello bloggers,

Today I had 6 lovely ladies over to my house and we cranked out 40 christmas cards to be sent to the soldiers so they can send handmade cards to their loved ones at home. 

We always have a nice time.  I'm always amazed that whichever ladies are able to come to any given event, everyone seems to get along so well and enjoy each others company.  I love watching people make new friends!

Today is also Halloween and I had some interesting observations this year.  For one, I was surprised that one boy came in a group, looked at the 6 varieties of full sized candy bars I was giving away and said he didn't like any of them and chose not to take any.  I thought - hasn't that kid heard of trading???  I also had a teenage couple show up.  Yup boy and girl - clearly a couple and not brother - sister and thought to myself - hmmm, when did trick or treating become a date night activity?  They were not with another group - nope - just the two of them.  And lastly, it was cold tonight and many of my trick or treaters arrived in my driveway via a warm van.  Yup, no walking the mile around the neighborhood for them.  Door to door service via mom.  Times a changing - I better get used to it.  I was tempted to say to my husband 'back when we were kids.....' but I caught myself.  Don't want to seem like an old lady!

Anyway, on to the cards.  We made 4 different designs today.  The snowflake and ornament card were much quicker than the whimsical santa and bird in the holly bush, but we got em done, sometimes with a little help from the friend next to us!

Which is your favorite?  Also, all of these cards will be posted soon on my etsy site for purchase.  You can buy single cards or groups of 5 or 10.  I'll include more details about my etsy shop in future posts.












Recipes:
Bird in Holly Bush:  PTI stamp set (very merry christmas), red stickles for the holly berries, real red satin ribbon (SU), Real Red CS, Garden Green CS, Very Vanilla CS, Espresso CS,  Espresso ink, garden green ink, Nesties die.
Blue Snowflake:  A*Muse Snowflake, A*Muse sentiment, paper piercing, SU bashful blue CS, SU bashful blue ink, gemstones, SU bashful blue DSP, SU bashful blue grosgrain ribbon.
Whimsical Santa:  PTI stamp set (Tiny Treats Christmas), Red Gingham A*Muse paper, SU Real Red CS, PTI die spiral notebook page, SU punch, Red Bakers Twine, copics, spica pens, frosted lace stickles
Pink Ornaments:  SU cute christmas stamp set, SU pink pirouette CS, SU baja breeze CS, SU Whisper White CS, SU cute christmas DSP, distressing tool, SU Baja Breeze ribbon, SU tag punch, PTI twine, copics.

2 comments:

krs__21 said...

I love the snowflake and also Let heaven and nature sing!!! They're both beautiful!

Pam said...

Hi Linda, love all your cards but the Holly one is my favorite! I have to say that I went out with my son trick or treating and it was very cold! We didn't do the whole neighborhood but I was NOT driving him! :) Guess I'm old fashioned (noticed I did not say old).

Thank you so much for your support with Cards for Soldiers!