Friday, November 26, 2010

BC 179 - color challenge

Hi Bloggers,

Are you all up bright and early today to hit those black friday sales?  If so, where are going and what are you buying?   I will not be setting an alarm on Friday, but I will head over to Michaels and AC Moore in my sweatpants and coffee to go mug shortly after I awake.  It's a great time to stock up on Tombo adhesive.  I hope they have the three packs, that way my 50% off coupon go farther!!!

Instead of shopping, I hope to get quite a bit of stamping done.    I have big plans to get some gift card packs finished, work on the birthday books and maybe start the christmas cards.  Hopefully I'll have some fun stuff to post later this weekend.

As for my card, this weeks color challenge was to use these colors:  Mustard, Rust and Blue.  When I saw the challenge I immediately thought of a modern/masculine card.  I used the sketch from Karin Giron's sweet sunday sketch challenge. 

I used my always stamp set to pattern on the circle/flower image on the main circle focal point.  I put the sentiment from a SU set.  The papers are an assortment and the colors are all SU - not quite navy, more mustard and very vanilla.  Thanks for looking and thanks for leaving a comment.

12 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

So so cool! I love the circuluar frames and the brads in the corner are a perfect finish!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card Linda! I LOVE Not Quite Navy! Wonderful papers! This is a great layout too! Hope you had fun shopping! :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great challenge, luv how you used the colors.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card for the color challenge- love the layout.

GCgirl said...

Great job...love the layout and the use of the Always stamps for the BG. Very pretty!

MJ said...

So pretty, great job laying out these colors.

Barbara said...

GREAT layout....fabulous card! You definitely aced this week's challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

love the patterned paper you used. Great card! Hope you had a good time shopping and found some deals!

Lori said...

Great design using the challenge colors!

BarbaraW said...

Love what you did with the colors. Great job.

Lisa Somerville said...

Love how you used the colors, wonderful design!

Ida said...

Wonderful card. Your layout is great and I like the papers/patterns you used.