Monday, November 8, 2010

Sympathy Card

Hello blogger friends.  We had slushy snow this cold and dreary Monday.  Yuck and double yuck.  The good news is that the snow was mostly gone when I got home from work.  The bad news is that it was pitch black when I pulled in my driveway at 5:15pm.  Poor doggies only got their morning walk.  It was still raining pretty good and the thought of cold/dark walk didn't inspire me.

Today's post is a soft and subtle sympathy card.  A woman that my husband knows through a vendor at work lost her father and he wanted a card that the guys (and gal) at the office could send to her.

The image is from A*Muse and is one of my only A*Muse florals.  This one is very delicate and I added just a tad of bling using my spica pen.  It doesn't show in the picture but it does add a nice sparkle.

I'm loving this color scheme - so subtle and sweet.  I combined chocolate chip, very vanilla and so saffron.  I also stamped the inside and the envelope so it looks like a matched set.

I'm sure the woman appreciated the gesture of kindness from her work colleagues and I was happy to create this for them to use.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Linda! The color combination is so soft and soothing! Perfect for a sympathy card! :D

Maricel Fabi said...

Simply beautiful! Love the color combination and details.