Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Girl - Take 4

Hi bloggers,
Do you ever get an idea in your head and then try multiple times to create your card to match that idea?  That is what happened with this card.  I started making her last week.  My first attempt had a multi-colored snowflake patterned paper.  When I finished the card, it just looked too busy because of the paper.  So, then I switched to a single color blue snowflake paper - in Baja Breeze.  But that one didn't look wintery to me, because I wasn't crazy about the blue.  So for try three, I worked with brown snowflakes on cream.  That one wasn't as busy and looked good, but the snowflakes on cream and brown just didn't feel very wintery.  So here is attempt 4 at this card.  I like the simplicity of the blue gingham and I think the polka dot embossing adds a little something.   I worked on these at my mother in laws this weekend, but didn't have all my supplies with me so I intended to finish her up after we got home.  She was all ready to be glued on, but I had been web surfing last night and this morning and noticed the My Favorite Things December contest that was 'stitching.'  I figured I could still add some stitching and include her in the contest.  I must admit, my stitching is still a very new technique for me, and my hand is a little wobbly still, so I'm sure my stitching is good enough to win, but it's worth submitting and giving a try.   Practice makes perfect - right?

I hope you are all enjoying this lovely Sunday.  Here in New England it is COLD.  22 degree now at 9:24am.  BRRR.  We put our tree up last night and the house is looking festive and fun.  This afternoon will be more stamping and football.  What better way to spend a late fall day?

6 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful card, luv the layout! Glad it all came together for you.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a sweet image- love the color and the great snowflakes.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fourth times a charm! I LOVE this Linda! It is such a sweet image! Her coat is just darling in the gingham! I love the flocking too! Beautifully done! :D

GCgirl said...

This is simply gorgeous!! I am so glad that you hung in there until you got it Just Right! :0)

Kelli said...

I LOVE this card, that image is my FAVE of Emma... and the blue gingham.. YUMMM!!! Good Luck on the challenge and way to WIN THE WAR!!!!! LOL My brain is ALWAYS very creative, it's the finished project that makes me giggle!!!! OK, and cry!!!! LOL

Melody said...

She is just darling! Love the blue and white!