Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Girl - Take 5

Now I know I am obsessed.  I had to redo Emma.  It was killing me that my stitching was crooked.   I had left the card out on the kitchen table and everytime I went past today I noticed the mistake.  Although I can usually fix most any stamping mistake, stitching is another thing all together.    So, after church and after the grocery shopping and after the cleaning and after making my birthday card for my father - then, I redid my Emma card.  And since you guys can probably relate, here I am again, posting my NEW re-created card.

This time around I wasn't taking any chances with my sew mini sewing machine.  As I mentioned, I don't have a lot of experience with the sewing and I don't always do a good job keeping everything straight.  So this time around,  I paper pierced the holes and hand stitched inside the holes.  It is time consuming but it does ensure that it is all straight.  And this time I used a different blue patterned paper.  This one is from the C-Thru rule company and is called fresh print clothes line Dew Drops.  And this time, I gave Emma brown hair, but otherwise, pretty much the same thing.  That is the beauty of the re-do's.  Once you have the design, they come together really fast.

Oh and one other thing - I think I claimed this was blueberry hill paper from PTI when I first posted.   It isn't, it's actually SU marina mist.

So, above is my 5th attempt at winter girl, and below are all the other rejects (just cause I thought you may want to see.) Oh and just to clarify, all the rejects get used.  They just go to people won't know they are rejects and love them anyway; think the island of misfit toys. 








2 comments:

Joanne B. said...

you are cracking me up, they're ALL adorable! Glad you're having fun with sweet miss Emma!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

You are too funny Linda! These are all DELIGHTFUL! I LOVE this layout! I'm going to have to give it a try! :D