Friday, December 3, 2010

BC 180 - Ornaments

Hi Bloggers,
Happy Friday.  Did you have a good week?  My week was busy - but fun.  A old friend of mine from North Carolina was up here in New England for a visit and we had a nice time catching up on Wednesday night.  I also had a great dinner with my bible study ladies on Tuesday.  Then on Thursday, I got to go to Ink About It and got to see my friend Kim.  With all this socializing, I hardly had time to stamp, but I did manage to whip up this clean and simple card for the bloggers challenge.

This card has a retro/modern feel to it.  The light green reminds me of the 60's and I love it.  The stamp image is from SU's cute christmas and the sentiment Merry and Bright is from PTI's 'Have yourself a merry little christmas' set.  The light green solid is A*Muse (great because it is white inside) and the patterned paper is also SU cute christmas.  I used a punch on the candy cane border and then just layered it onto the red and pink stripe.  There are two layers of ribbon on the edge - A*Muse on the bottom and SU certainly celery satin on top with the bow.  The scallop circle is from PTI and is in riding hood red.  I did a certainly celery sponge edge on the ornaments and they are colored in with copics and then topped with stickles for sparkle.

Thanks for looking.  Have a great weekend.

15 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

Really cute!!! Love the papers you used and the image is just so sweet.

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Beautiful card! Love the paper too! (I'm so sad it's already completely out!!) PTI's ornaments are adorable! TFS!

Lisa Bohler said...

What an adorable card!!! I love the soft look of the green tone you chose for the cardstock and ribbon.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute holiday card, love the colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely festive card- the DSP is very pretty!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the colors!!!

BarbaraW said...

Pretty and festive holiday card.

Heidi Hihn said...

Sweet card! Love the design and colors!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty, luv the soft colors.

Nikki Bond said...

Love it! Great color choices. {SMILES}

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty, like the papers you used and this layout is wonderful.

Barbara said...

Wonderful! Such a great card...soft with just the right combo of colors. Love that scallop circle behind the ornaments.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is terrific Linda! I LOVE that celery ribbon! What a great idea to use an ornament stamp! :D

Ida said...

Totally cute and fun!

Lori said...

Fun holiday card!