Friday, December 10, 2010

BC 181 - Birthday Theme

Hi Bloggers,

Boy am I glad it's Friday.  I had three full day meetings at work this week and I feel like I haven't been home at all.  My doggies and my boys missed me!

For today's post, I have a bunch of photos to share for this challenge.  This is because I've been busy working on a BIRTHDAY BOOK as a christmas craft gift for my cousin Tracy.  So when the Bloggers Challenge came up as birthday theme I knew I would share this book with you all.

The first photo is the cover.  Tracy is a teacher so I couldn't resist using this cutie pie on the cover for her.  I love how my copic marker in olive so nicely covers the chalkboard.

The second photo is of the binding.  I added this text from my computer since I didn't have anything else to work with.


The next photo shows one of the pages.  This book came from PTI.  It was sold as a binder and then the insert pages.  The insert pages have a line for each day of the month.  I added the A*Muse calendar titles because I was too cheap to buy a stamp set with the months.  I just printed these, cut them out and adhered them to the top of the page.  I also added a strip of adhesive to the edges to cause the page to be secure.  Ideally I would have included one card in each month, but I tried that and the book was so fat it hardly closed, so I'm giving it to her with no cards in it and the cards separate in boxes.  I also stamped and colored the back page of each page to match the month so the girl with the umbrella is opposite the March month.


And lastly are a bunch of photos of the cards I made to go in the birthday book.   If you couldn't tell, I wanted all the cards in the book to be My Favorite Things Pure Innocence.  My friend Kim let me 'stamp off' a ton of images from her collection, but now that I've played with these sets I know a few are going to be added to my collection over the next year.  Below are the 'not previously posted cards.'  I've posted all others during the last few weeks.



 Thanks so much for looking.  Contact me if you need det's on any of the cards.

13 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

What a fabulous gift! I love the cards you created to go with it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful BD book you created for Tracy - she's going to love it! Fab set of cards too!

GCgirl said...

WONDERFUL! Such a thoughtful gift of lovely hand-made goodness :0).

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What an awesome array of wonderful cards, so beautiful!!

BarbaraW said...

What a thoughtful and wonderful birthday book and cards

Kimberly Gajewski said...

It's FABULOUS Linda! Look at all of those sweet Pure Innocence girls! The cards turned out just darling! What a wonderful gift! :D

JP Card Crazy said...

Fantastic book and cards!!

Lori said...

Love the sweet scene you created for the cover of the book. I have a few of these that I'm planning to give as holiday gifts--guess I should get started on them . . .

Nikki Bond said...

WOW..these a great! What a fabulous idea. {sMILES}

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is a fantastic gift! SUch darling images and wonderful cards. Great gift idea!

Chrissy D said...

Great gift idea! Love this idea!

wrapknot said...

trac is going to love it! she is always on task with her cards so this will be a cherished item. hope you get my name next year :)

Basement Stamper said...

wow, you have been super busy but what a great gift, she'll love it!