Friday, December 17, 2010

BC 182 - December Sketch Challenge - Brother Birthdays



Hello Bloggers,
Did you all have a great week?  I'm sure everyone is busy.  If you are like me you do one of the two things - you either go into denial and pretend you don't really have a million things to do or you go into withdrawal mode where you just give up on doing the million things that should be done.  This week was a denial week for me and therefore not only haven't my christmas cards gone out in the mail yet, they aren't even done!  Sigh.  Hopefully they will go out on Saturday and get to everyone on Christmas eve!
Today's challenge was to use a sketch.  I loved this sketch, so much so, that I made two cards with it.  My brother in laws birthday was Wednesday so the top card went to Scott.  He's my husbands younger brother, but still middle aged and I wanted a nice masculine card for him with a non-christmas feel to it.  The second card (on the bottom) is for my brother Christopher.  Christopher turns 18 today.  I wanted to give him a fun loving card to reflect his youth.  It's interesting how both cards use the same sketch and designer paper but yet each has a very different feel.

The recipe is below and a photo of all the supplies is included as well.


Recipe for Scott's owl card:
Stamp:  Memory Box winter owls
Paper:  Basic Greay
Ink Momento Rich Cocoa, tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen (sponged on)
Accessories: Copics (greens and grays)


Recipe for Chris's snowflake boycard:
Stamp:  A*Muse Snowflake Boy and Happy Day sentiment
Paper:  Basic Gray
Ink Momento basic black, SU pear pizzaz

Accessories: Copics (greens , blues and grays)
Glue and flocking for hat pompom
Bling for snowflake from memory box
DieNamics circle set
Buttons from PTI


Inside sentiment for both cards from SU Wonderful You set.

11 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, wonderful take on this weeks sketch! Great combination of papers, fab coloring!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card art is awesome, Linda. Beautifully created.
Merry Christmas, Hugs, Gayle

GCgirl said...

Two great cards! Love the BG paper and images you used too :0)

Ida said...

Fabulous job with both cards. They are both fun and cute.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have been busy! Lovely cards you have created! Merry Christmas!

Tami Black said...

I didn't even get one card done and you've done two fabulous cards -- love your coloring with copics. You could actually force me over the edge and enable me to check these out!

Give some love to the forgotten dog this week!

JP Card Crazy said...

Great card your Brother will love it. Love you choice of paper and your coloring is fantastic.

Lisa Bohler said...

Terrfic cards! I love the darker colors and I like the playfulness that the image on the second card gives!

Basement Stamper said...

Both cards are great and love the masculine feel to it and you had to go using that awesome BG paper which I now need :-)

Lori said...

Two great birthday cards!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific masculine cards Linda! You did a wonderful job with Lisa's sketch! This paper is fantastic! I'm glad that I got some too! :D