Friday, December 24, 2010

BC 183 - Christmas


Can you guess what my favorite kind of stamp is?  Come on, take a guess.... If you guessed flowers - you were close.  If you guessed whimsical images you were also close.  But if you guessed BIRDS - you were 100% right.  I have no idea why I love bird images so much.  Maybe it was because my grandmother (God bless her soul) loved images of birds.  She had a wonderful collection of hummels with birds.  They now sit on my dresser-top.  She also did a lot of cross-stitching and crewel needlework and yup - a lot of her work was with birds and I adored my Grandma. She was always there for me and was a kind, sweet influence on my life all her days.  Whatever the reason, when I see a bird stamp - well - I flock to it!

So, this Christmas card I'm showing you today is a bird image.  This baby is part of the PTI Christmas set.  There are many darling images including Santa, Candy Canes, Penguins and of course this darling bird.  I stamped him with momento black and colored him in with copics.  I made him blue to match the blue in the holly bush paper behind him.  I added blues and greens to the evergreen branch.  The Card Stock is SU cherry cobbler and crumb cake.  The ribbon is basic twill.  The sentiment is from Elzybells (gone now) and it is heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I added some stickles to the hat and the corners (white and red glitter.)  The sentiment on the inside is a retired SU star studded season.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  Thanks so much for looking.  Thanks so much for leaving comments!

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute holiday card, wonderful design and colors. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Wonderful Christmas card! Beautifully created. May your Christmas be filled with love. Hugs Gayle

Lisa Bohler said...

What an adorable card! Love your layout choice and how you highlighted your favorite bird! Have a very blessed Christmas!

GCgirl said...

This bird is so sweet..and I love the pun too ;0).

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable Linda! You know how much I love the image! It's so cute! What a terrific layout! The twill is a perfect addition! Wonderfully done! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

JP Card Crazy said...

Adorable card colors are great!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Ida said...

What a sweet Christmas card. That little birdie is just so charming.
Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Adorable card and layout, luv your choice of colors, and Gram still watches over you! Happy New Year