Friday, December 31, 2010

BC 184 Reuse/Recycle

Happy New Year Everyone,

Does anyone have any fun plans tonight?  Our family has a fun (but not very exciting) tradition for New Years Eve.  We go to a movie and get chinese food.  It's always a big debate what movie everyone will want to see.  over the years we've seen some great ones and some flops as well. 

The card I've posted today will go to my Father in law.  His birthday is next week.  Can you guess what the reuse/recycle element is?  It's the twill ribbon.  Santa brought the family some snuggly couch blankets and I was so excited to see that they were held together with twill.  As soon as we opened these I snatched the twill and set it aside.  I knew right away that this is what I'd use for this weeks challeng.



The blankets are already a huge hit.  My son watches ESPN every morning and he loves to cuddle in with a blanket while doing so.  These are fabulous.

So back to the card.  The base is PTI Kraft and the blue layer is Baja Breeze from SU.  I roughed up the edges with my roughing tool.  The stamps are from A*Muse.  I inked them up with momento black and colored them with my copics.  To do the chair, I did the blue first on everything.  Then I went back in with the light tan and colored in the flowers.  Copics are interesting that way.  You do the dark first and then you can back with light and it pulls the dark color out.  The image is centered on some PTI layering dies and the patterned paper is some great retired DSP from SU.

Thanks for looking.  Have a great day.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Great way to use that twill! I always save those kinds of things for re-wrapping gifts, but it looks great on a card!

BarbaraW said...

Great recycle. What a great find. Adds flair to your card.

Lisa Bohler said...

So smart to keep that around during this busy time and to use it so creatively and beautifully! Happy New Year!

wrapknot said...

love it! i always save that stuff and try to find a use for it either in sewing, re-wrapping and now i'll add carding to that list. i've always thought it was a throwback to our childhood, my mom saved everything. i have her button box that is full of all sorts of vintage finds. she would cut them off garments that were worn to rags.

Clara said...

Great reuse of the twill! I love to find things like this that can be recycled in some way. Love it! :)
Happy New Year Linda!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the card, put a big smile on my face first thing this new year! Yup, we all are big savers, aren't we! Happy New Year!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Great recycle idea, Linda. Terrific card all wrapped up like a present. I salvaged a couple of nice long pieces of twill from packaging at Christmas as well. They have the designer names on them but that should just add more interest (smile). Have a wonderful 2011! Hugs, Gayle.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fantastic masculine card Linda! What a wonderful piece of twill, and you were just saying you needed some! Good thing Santa left those blankets for you! See you tomorrow! Happy New Year! :D

Basement Stamper said...

Love the twill, I saved some ribbons from Christmas to use as well. Fantastic job and hope you saw a good movie this year. Happy New Year!

Ida said...

What a cute card and how cool that you got the Twill and were able to re-use it in such a great way.

GCgirl said...

Great use of the twill...love the colors on this card tfs the recipe too :0)

JP Card Crazy said...

Great card and use of the twill!!