Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cards for Soldiers - Valentines



Aren't these valentine girls just darling?  I had 6 lovely ladies over today to make valentine cards for this batch of cards for soldiers.  This card was the most fun since Kate decided early in to make some non-Caucasian girls.  That opened up pandora's box and all of us challenged ourselves to make the girls in all different color combinations.  We have Asian girl, Latino girl, Spanish girl, African-American girl, irish girl (red head) and a wide variety of Caucasian girls as well.  They are just darling all lined up in a row.



We also made some other cards, my favorite is the traditional red rose valentine card, but the love birds are quite sweet and the gender neutral birthday card was fun too.  However, not everyone loved the complicated stitching!!  I will box these up and mail them out this week.  Now on to make 15 more Christmas cards to get in the mail soon.  Every year I say I'm going to get an earlier start and this year I think I'm running later than ever.  Oh well. Maybe some people will get new year cards!  Thanks for looking and have a great night.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

LOVE these Linda! Look at all of those sweet little PI girls! I LOVE them! All of these Valentines are wonderful! Beautifully done! :D

Pam said...

Linda, that rose card was even more beautiful in person! These are all wonderful! I have to say that there was one other that was my favorite that I think came from your batch as well, it was a sort of tri fold card that had a bird cage on it and the little front flap was smaller, there was a pinking sheared edge on one edge and the card was pink and white. Sound familiar?