Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Joy to the world card

Hi all,

I did something unusual this weekend.  I saw a card I loved in my magazine CARDS and copied it.  I am typically doing new designs for all my cards, but I still needed a bunch more christmas cards and wanted something more traditional and this fit the bill.





Mine is slightly different than the one in the magazine, but mostly because I had to adapt for limited supplies.  I do love this card.  The colors and design elements are really neat and it has a nice christmas feel to it.





I don't have a photo of the original.  I guess I have to have a subscription to the magazine to access it online, but theirs was very close to mine.  They had a different sentiment, a wider die cut on the left and more embellished leaves.  The card in the magazine was also PERFECT in every way.  Mine is perfectly hand made with a few imperfections so the receipient will know that I made it!


Recipe:  PTI stamp set silent night.  This set has the swirly image and the sentiment.
Paper:  SU Kiwi, SU old Olive, SU real red
Accessories:  SU real red ribbon (super thin), SU real red satin ribbon (wide), red sparkly stickles, Dienamics tree die (just used the leaves), circle punch, scallop punch (done twice one on each side.)
Ink:  SU craft white (bordering the edges of the green), Versamark (for the white embossed swirly), old olive (to do a shadow layer of the swirly after the embossed white image was set)

The PTI stamp set is shown below.  It's an oldie but goodie.


1 comment: