Monday, December 13, 2010

Let's talk about boo-boo's

One of the joys of card making is the ability to make a new design for a card when you have something go wrong.  Too bad all of life isn't so easy ~

I was working for a while on this black eyed suzie card for my mother in law.  Since the mason jar is vellum, I never have a good way to adhere vellum onto the paper.  Even my 'invisible' glues always show through.  So I decided to use my Jenome Sew Mini and stitch the mason jar onto the card.  So, I have finished coloring (time consuming) and added my green ribbon and twine and my last step is to stitch.  I start stitching when (sigh), the machine jams.  The stitching gets all cruddy and I have to pull the stitches out.  On fabric, this is no problem, but on paper - big problem.  Even though I re-stitched, the holes still exist and are noticeable. 

So, what to do?  Well, add another design element of course and cover up the boo-boo.  Don't you think a button on the lower left corner of the card is order?  Of course you do.





Above is the card with the boo-boo.
Below is the card with the fix.

Voila.  She'll never know that this button was not part of the design all along.  Like I said, if only other things in life were so easy to fix!!!

Below is a photo collage of the supplies used.




Recipe:
Stamp Set:  Friendship fillers and Friendship jars from Papertrey ink (PTI.)  Twine from PTI.  Mason jar die from PTI.  Copics and spica pens.  When coloring with copics, plan to color 3-5 times over the same image to blend and bring shadowing in.  Start with lighest (cashmere Y32), then do outline in darkest (Napoli Yellow Y19), then blend with middle (Golden Yellow Y17), repeat until the color shows through on the other side.  After color is done, then highlight with spica pens to bring bling into the image.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Now that button is the perfect little bandaid...lol! Beautifully done! I LOVE this jar set! :D

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh! I forgot! I LOVE the ribbon! Isn't that the one that we picked up at Right at Home? It is just perfect with jar! :D