Sunday, December 26, 2010

MFT challenge MFTWSC12222010

Hi all,

Today I a m playing along with the My Favorite Things Wednesday Challenge.




The challenge this week was to use a Dienamics die as the main focal image.  This was not very challenging with a great die like this one.  The tree and it's leaves make a great focal image.  This card is for a man my husband used to work with.  He is struggling with cancer and is about to undergo another round of treatments and my husband wanted to send a note to let him know that he cares.  I thought this bright and cheerful blue and ivory color combination with the tree image would be pefect for this situation.

The card is made with SU Very Vanilla and SU Baja Breeze.  The patterned paper is from the 6X6 paper pad from basic gray marjolaine.  This paper pad has become my 'go to' set for masculine cards.  I am loving it.  The tree base is made of cork (love, love, love it) and the leaves are a combination of SU old olive and the basic grey green.  I added a layer of twill and stamped my sentiment (SU teeny tiny wishes) in soft suede.  It's finished off with a PTI button with a twine bow.

Thanks for looking.  Thanks also for those who leave comments.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is wonderful Linda! Love the cork tree! This paper is terrific! It works perfectly with your design! Beautifully done! :D