Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snowflake card for Lois

Hi Bloggers,
I hope you all don't mind that I've posted 3 times in 3 days!!!  I just have a lot of things to share this week since I've been busy in the craft room working on so many different things.  Today's card is for my friend Lois.  I wanted to make a snowflake card to celebrate her adult baptism today.  I also got baptized in December and when I did I thought of the analogy of baptism to snow.  Just like a cool gray New England Day can be transformed from something dead and ugly into something completely different and beautiful in a moment, so can Christ transform a human.  I am a great example of that beautiful transformation.  As I've mentioned in other blog posts, I was a nervous and guilt ridden mess of a human being and then when I began to study the bible and learn about Christ, was transformed.  Lois will today publicly declare her faith in Christ and go in the baptism tank for a complete submerge.  At our church we teach that the act of being baptized isn't the thing that causes her to be right with God.  We teach that the person acknowledges his/her sin, asks Christ to forgive the sin, invites Christ to be Lord of their life and then as a result of the persons humble confession, they desire to publicly demonstrates their faith by being baptized.  It's a cool thing.    Lois is very excited to be baptized and I'm excited for her.  I made a bunch of snowflake sugar cookies and this card to celebrate the occasion with her.  Since I know I don't do a good job of explaining this, I'll give you a link below that has some interesting info on baptism including how different christian faiths interpret complicated things like when should someone be baptized and are you saved from baptism.  check it out.  http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/get_wet.shtml


Card Recipe:
Stamp Set:  NONE - I printed this scripture verse from my computer.
Card Stock:  SU Crumb Cake, Bo Bunny Frost, SU Whisper White, SU Night of Navy
Accessories:  DieNamics Snowflake die, PTI buttons, stitching on my Jenome Sew Mini, Mini Pearls from Memory Box.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my, Linda! You've been busy! What a beautiful card for your friend! I love the snowflakes and I love your analogy for baptism! I'll have to check out the link that you passed along. The sentiment is lovely too! The pearls are a great accent as well! Beautifully done! :D