Friday, January 7, 2011

BC 194 - Color Challenge (Brown, Green, Yellow)

Hello bloggers,
Is everyone back to the normal routine in the new year?  Is everyone staying warm?  It's very cold here in New England this week and I am already hopeful for spring.  Even the dogs don't want to go outside. Since I am hopeful for spring, I decided to do my bloggers challenge card with a spring theme.  Flowers!





This card is a beautiful image from the new Memory Box collection. It is a little different than the images I am normally drawn to, but the card sample for this really caught my eye and I decided to bring this baby home and stamp her up.  I have to give credit to David Brethauer.  I totally copied this card (EXACTLY) from the sample in the store.  Sometimes the original is so beautiful it is not right to alter it.  You can see his card (with the memory box release) on his blog below:

http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/

Dave uses pencils for most of his coloring.  I tried making this with my copics but the colors I have aren't quite right - a little too yellow in my markers to get this beautiful shade of pink.  Colored pencils are really quite fun to work with and very forgiving.  I will have to remember to use them more often.  For those who are new stampers who want to try some 'coloring in' images - pencils is a great way to start.  they are affordable and easy to work with.  I used Prisma color pencils on the above card, but other brands work well also.

The recipe for my card above is below:
Stamp:  Adore Peony Collage (memory box)
Ink:  momento black, PTI ink spot (chai) for the edges.
paper:  Memory box peony card, SU retired barely banana, SU whisper white, SU chocolate chip
Pencils:  Assorted prisma colored pencils, blended with Sansador and a blender stick.
Note:  prisma pencils, sandador and the blender stick are sold at AC Moore and Michaels in the art section. 

Thanks for looking - Have a great day.

14 comments:

GCgirl said...

This is very pretty! Love the focal image and the soft colors you used on it!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh pretty! Love how soft this is!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, lovely soft coloring, beautiful collage image!

Tami Black said...

I absolutely can see why you cased this card -- it truly is gorgeous. Love how the word is in the background and the flowers are perfect for this image.

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful image on a beautiful card.

JP Card Crazy said...

Fantastic card love the soft colors and image!!!

Ida said...

Such a pretty card. Does make you long for Spring!

Lisa Bohler said...

Beautifully done! I love the soft elegance that you have created with the colors!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Let's try again...my comment must be lost in cyber space! This is gorgeous Linda! What a pretty image! So elegant too! You've colored it up beautifully! It must have been nice to use your Prismas! Mine could use some love, I'll have to get them out this weekend! :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful card, so soft and feminine

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card, this image is beautiful! I think I saw this at the last stamp store I was in as well.

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous! So soft and pretty. {sMILES}

njburk said...

This is very pretty--and soft! Glad you got to play along too. TFS it with us, Nola

Jane Bosi said...

Great image and wonderfully done!