Friday, January 14, 2011

BC 195 sketch challenge

I finally got to play with my new PTI bird set.  How darling is this? 

I was thankful that this week we had a sketch challenge.  The sketch made it easy to get started.  Sometimes a blank slate and a new stamp set can be overwhelming.  When you limit yourself to a sketch, it narrows the scope down and makes it easier (at least for me.)
Above is the sketch.  I intentionally left the sentiment off this card.  I am putting this one in my 'use when needed box.'  When an occasion comes up (and I don't have time to custom make a card) I go to the box and finish off the card with the appropriate sentiment.  I hope to do more of these this year.  It makes life so much easier when you have a card for any occasion.

Recipe:
Stamp:  Little Bitty Bird PTI
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Soft Sky (SU retired), tempting turqoise (SU), Very Vanilla (SU)
Ribbon: Twill
Ink:  Brown Momento, Assorted Copics.

16 comments:

Jane Bosi said...

Cute! I like :)

BarbaraW said...

Sweet image, Love how you used that ribbon.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable Linda! I LOVE this set and it works perfectly with this week's sketch! Those birds are just darling! I like to have blank cards on hand too! It certainly makes life a little easier! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute! Wonderful use of this weeks sketch, love the colors!

Pat Huntoon said...

How cute! Ribbon is great on it.

Ida said...

Very sweet card. Love those adorable little "birds" and the pretty soft colors.

Basement Stamper said...

those birds are too cute, darling!

GCgirl said...

Adorable birdies and I love the Blue,White, & Kraft combo!

JP Card Crazy said...

Love his card it is so cute!!! Love the image and color choices.

Chrissy D said...

Great CAS card- love the colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a sweet card- love the CAS and great colors!

Tami Black said...

This is such a sweet and gentle card -- the colors are perfect together. When I saw it, I immediately went "awwwwww..."

Barbara said...

What cute, cute images and just perfect for this layout and our Challenge this week. Love it!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a darling card! I really like your use of the sketch with those soft colors!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Sweet image, pretty card!

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute! Love the cute birdies! {SMILES}