Friday, January 21, 2011

BC 196 themed pattern paper challenge

Hello Bloggers,
I am not in love with my card above, but aren't the soft colors just fabulous?  I love that soft pink and green.  So fun!  Today's challenge was to work with themed patterned paper.  I was excited to work with this pixie paper collection from memory box.  I had gotten the 6X6 set to use for all my spring projects and love it.  There is only one problem.  I do not have hardly any memory box stamps and when I started playing with the themed paper I could not find one image in my home that I thought matched the paper.  So I decided to just work with a sentiment and grabbed this cute and  classic happy birthday sentiment from my SU retired Birthday set.  This will work just fine for a female birthday.  But you know what this means don't you?  I need to bring home one of the darling pixie stamps that memory box just released.

Thanks for looking.  Thanks for leaving a comment.

Recipe below:
Stamp Set:  SU retired Birthdays
Papers:  Memory Box Pixie pack, Blushing bride (SU), Certainly Celery (SU), Natural white (SU)
Ink: SU Blushing bride on stamp and as sponge effect on the natural white.

13 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the colors and the way you used them in the layout! Super job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I agree- pretty DSP- your idea to add a sentiment is awesome.

Barbara said...

Lovely combination of colors and patternes. The greeting is just the perfect touch.

BarbaraW said...

Really love that pretty soft paper. Great idea to use it with the sentiment.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card! Love the mixture of the soft color pallette!

Doris said...

What a beautiful card! Love those 6x6 pads of dsp, especially Basic Grey.

Nikki Bond said...

Love the soft colors...brings on thoughts of spring! {SMILES}

JP Card Crazy said...

Oh how I long for spring! We here in New England are expecting another major storm starting Tues!!!
Your card is so sweet and soft you do such beautifully sweet and elegant cards!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.

Ida said...

Yes the soft colors are just so pretty and dainty. I like that you just added a sentiment and voila, a perfect girly b-day card.
Of course if you must get the stamps to match I say, "Go for it!"

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! What beautiful papers! The sentiment is so pretty with the sponging effect! I finally finished my card today! Hope that you are feeling better! Talk to you soon! :D

Basement Stamper said...

those papers are so cute, really like the subtle look of it.

GCgirl said...

The layout of this card is great...shows off these pretty papers!