Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chocolate!

I know it's the season for dieting and yes, I too will be back with weight watchers this month, but I couldn't resist making this cute chocolate card to send to my step mother.  She had found a great chocolate cake mix at BJ's.  It was made especially for BJ's by Ghiardelli chocolate.  But then they stopped making it.  She had one box and made the cake for our visit but that was it - no more.  She had found out that Ghiardelli still made the muffin mix and got information on how to use the muffin mix for cake, but then discovered they don't sell that in the southwest.  When I got back to Mass after our visit in Arizona I saw the muffin mix at Shaws so I grabbed the last two boxes on the shelf.  This card will accompany those two muffin boxes in a thank you package today.

So about this darling card.  Don't you love those polka dots?  This is for the MFT Wednesday sketch challenge.  I had two sheets of this beautiful chocolate and cream polka dot paper.  One paper had small polka dots, the other large.  I used 4 small rectangles of large polka dots under the banner.  For my sentiment I couldn't resist adding this A*Muse sentiment from last years easter release.  It just works.  I'll put my thank you sentiment on the inside.  The image is from MFT.  I got to borrow this stamp set from my friend Kim. The sketch is below:  It's really a fun one - try it yourself.  If you post a card using this sketch to split coast stampers with the keyword MFTWSC1, you'll be eligible for a $15.00 gift certificate.


Thanks for looking.  Thanks for leaving a comment.

2 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

What an adorable card! yummy

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is fantastic Linda! I LOVE all of the polka dots! So cute! You've colored up that cake perfectly! I used the stamp that you let me borrow today! Sharing is so nice! BTW...this fits for this week's BC too! Wonderfully done! :D