Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jessa's Birthday card

I heard that MFT's Wednesday card challenge was to make a celebration card.  I first started the day making a darling celebration card - only I accidentally used no MFT products.  Silly me.  That card is cute and will come in handy for another post, but I was determined to whip up a celebration card using MFT so I could participate in this weeks give away.  So I got busy using my new DieNamics Banner Die.  I had yet to put this baby to use and figured a celebration card was a great inauguration.  So I started with 4 flags and began to assemble this card using a fun sketch.  As it came together I kept trying to think of what to put as the letters in the flags.  With 4 flags I was thinking BABY or LOVE but thought it would be better if it was someone's name.  So I asked my son when his friend Matt's birthday was, but was sad to hear it wasn't till May.  So then my son says 'you could make a card for Jessa, her birthday is tomorrow.'  Now I have been dying to make a card for Jessa's birthday but had not been asked before.  Jessa is a friend of my son Eric's, but not his girlfriend, although they went to the winter social together and seem to like each other pretty well.  So, it's very low key if you know what I mean.  So I asked, could I use 'Jess' and he said yes, but nobody calls her that.  So I pulled all my flags up (very carefully) and die-cut another one.  Then added the full name JESSA to the flags and re-applied till we got VOILA - the card you see pictured above.  I think it's darling and very appropriate for a friend turning 17 who is a girl, but not your girlfriend.  Inside it says 'may every part of your birthday have happy in it.'  My daughter and I giggled over other sentiments we could have used like 'birthday hugs and wishes' and 'love you.'  Eric was not amused.   Note to self ...... m u s t     s t o p    t e a s i n g   E r i c..... it's so darn easy to pick on him, but it won't give me any brownie points.  

Recipe below:

Die: Dienamics Banner; PTI Envelope Die
Stamp Set:  SU Celebrate (retired), SU alphabet (retired)
Paper: My Minds Eye alphabet soup, SU pear pizzaz, SU very Vanilla
Ink:  SU markers: Pear Pizzaz, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Baja Breeze; Momento Black
Accessories:  SU ribbon Certainly celery polytwill, PTI button (transparent aqua), Red Bakers Twine.

Thanks for looking, have a great week.

3 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I LOVE this Linda! How sweet! I love the story behind the card too...lol! You even lined the envelope too! Jessa will be quite impressed! :D

GCgirl said...

This is so sweet...I personally LOVE the sentiment Eric chose :0)

Pam said...

I am jealous! I have been trying to get that banner die every time I go to the LSS! They are always out!