Sunday, January 30, 2011

MFT Guest Designer Challenge - A recipe for love - peekaboo I love you

Good morning bloggers,

It's a cold and cloudy day here in New England.  After I finish this post it's off to take the dogs for a quick walk and then head to church.  Later this afternoon, my hubby and I will head out and do some snow shoeing.  I hope he is willing to go slow.  I am so out of shape, I'm sure I'll be going very slowly and get winded easily.  BUT, I'm excited to get outside and get moving. What are your plans this afternoon?  Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

So, about this card.  The recipe from MFT was to use ONE designer paper, TWO colors of card stock (and a neutral), a valentines theme, an MFT product (or two) and THREE embellishments.  So here is what I came up with...



I was dying to use my new MFT 'Peekaboo' girl and thought she would look great with a paper pieced dress of this SEI Claire DSP.  As for the sentiment, I wanted something that would work for a valentines theme, but didn't really think any of the peekaboo sentiments fit the bill, so I decided to improvise by mixing two PI sentiments together.  Lucky for me, my other PI set (Love you with all my heart) had a sentiment that started with I love you.  So I used post it notes to mask the unwanted words to come up with my sentiment - peekaboo, I love you.  The photo's below should give you a pretty good idea of how to do the mask in case you ever find yourself in the same predicament.  That die cut piece just gets tucked under the patterned paper so it just shows through with the sentiment piece.  Darling isn't it?

A few other notes - I wanted her socks to be white and I'm not very good at getting my copics to take cream paper and make white so I decided to stamp on white and color the shoes grey (on the white) and then paper pieced the socks and shoes to the card.  The dress is also paper pieced.  To do this, just stamp your image on the patterned paper, cut the dress out and adhere on top of the colored image.  It's really very easy to do.  If you haven't tried it, go for it!

So, the card has patterned paper (SEI, Claire)
Two colors of card stock (SU blushing bride and SU soft suede)
1 color of neutral (pti cream)
3 embellishments (satin ribbon with bow, button, tiny gemstones on dress, shoes and barrette.)
A valentines theme (inside greeting)
MFT products (Pure Innocence stamp set, Dienamic dies.)
Other products used:  Spellbinder Nesties (scallop, circle and 'other shape'), PTI scallop die (for bottom of the patterned paper and of course - copics - colors below.  NOTE:  For skin, I use floral white with shading with skin tone plus pink blended in on cheeks.
Thanks for looking, have a great day!

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is darling Linda! I just saw her over on SCS! I LOVE how you combined the sentiments! Wonderfully done, my friend! :D

jackiestamps4fun said...

Oh your card is wonderful! Love your masked sentiment, too! So glad you stopped by my blog so that I could check out yours - I'm loving what I see!

Jane Wetzel said...

ADORABLE CARD...love this sweet image! What a cute blog- love your ds bball pic..reminds me of my boys a long time ago! AND OFCOURSE ...your sweet dogs... :)

Lori said...

So sweet! Love her paper pieced dress.