Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Card for Mom

Isn't this spring image just darling?  Doesn't it make you LONGGGG for spring?  I love working with pastel copics.  My mom, sister and cousin (and their husbands and families) are all coming in this weekend for a special birthday celebration for my mom.  I'm hoping the winter mix that is predicted doesn't mess with the travel plans.  This card features a cute image from the retired stamp company Elzybells.  I used a sketch inspiration which made this card come together in a snap.  Once I decided on the image, there were only a few sketches that could accommodate a large vertical image so that settled that.  The papers are all stampin up.  The pink is pretty in pink - embossed with my cuttlebug.  The green is a DSP in old olive from last years catalog.  The ribbon is blushing bride and the happy birthday sentiment is from last years Sale A Bration set with the fancy cake and bird cage.

2 comments:

Jazzie Casas said...

Lovin this! A while back I was looking for a birthday card for a friend's son. I had zero luck finding what I was looking for. I told a group of friends about this problem one night while we were having a few drinks. We proceeded to get smashed and make up a bunch of greeting cards we found funny. I had been writing down the cards we made up and the next morning I read them. Much to my surprise the cards were still funny even when sober.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I love the way this turned out Linda! The image is beautiful and you've chosen such fun and Springy colors for those sweet birds! Well done, my Friend! :D