Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Emboss Me/MFTWsc7

Hello,

Today's post is a combination of the bloggers challenge emboss challenge and the MFT sketch challenge.

For bloggers challenge fit was titled 'emboss me.'  I love embossing so I decided to do two types of embossing on my card.  The first type of emboss technique I learned was heat embossing.  So my sentiment is done this way.  To get this result, stamp your image on Versamark instead of ink.  Then sprinkle clear embossing powder on tip and then use a heat gun until the whole thing gets a nice clear glow.  Don't put heat on too long.  I've burned a card before!





My second emboss technique is using my cuttlebug.  Can you see that there are letters on the green paper?  I cut my mat layer out and then ran it through the cuttlebug with the embossing folder (PTI) and it makes an impression.  It adds a little texture and interest.

The main focal image is made with a new MFT dienamics die.  It has three images and it's so fun and easy to mix and match papers to get the right effect.

The papers are from SU and October Afternoon.  SU retired soft sky and SU old olive.  The ribbon is also SU.  The string bow and ribbon just finish it off (and make it match the MFT sketch challenge.)
MFT sketch  challenge image below:


Thanks for looking, thanks for commenting.  The links below will take you to the other bloggers who did the emboss challenge.  Check them out.  There are some very cute cards.

13 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Linda! Love the bow you made! It's perfect! Great use of those Die-namics too! I was just thinking that I NEED to pull them out and give them a try! Beautifully done! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful BD card, love the colors - the embossed panel looks wonderful under your embossed sentiment.

Tami Black said...

Love the mix of patterns and the colors -- very pretty!

Jacqueline said...

Thats a pretty card - good job Linda. Pls check out my submission (#21) also posted on my blog

Barbara said...

Pretty card...great combination of colors. I bet your card looks fabulous in real life...love the dry embossed background.

Lisa Bohler said...

I really love both types of embossing that you used and you did a terrific job with the layout!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card and a wonderful job on the embossing.

JP Card Crazy said...

What a great card!!! Love the bow! Your layout is super!

BarbaraW said...

Cool layout and beautiful colors. Great birthday card.

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love that you combined both types of embossing on the card!

Chrissy D said...

FUN papers and great color combo! I really like this!

Chrissy D said...

Sooo sweet! Love these colors and your take on the sketch!

Ida said...

Very pretty. Lovely background papers and such cheery colors.