Friday, February 11, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Love

Happy Friday,
I am excited for the weekend.  I will be spending time with some stamping friends and some time with my family.  What more could a girl want in a weekend??  Well some sunshine and warm weather would be good, but I'm not going to even go there today!  Brrr, negative degrees for my drive to work today. 

This weeks bloggers challenge was the theme of LOVE.  How easy is that?  I had been browsing some of my card making magazines and saw a darling card someone made where they stitched the stems of flowers.  That became the inspiration for my creation today.  I used the new easy stitch and embroidery thread for the stitching on the stems.  The stitching on the edges was from my Jenome sew mini machine.  I also used my new banner die for the first time.  I love it.  I hope to fit this in with many more creations.
You probably can't see well from the photo, but there are teeny tiny buttons with bows as the flower centers.    The stamp is from last years SU sale a bration set.  It's a cute one and I need to remember to pull it out more often.  The colors are SU poppy and whisper white.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

15 comments:

Pat Huntoon said...

Cute!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, perfect for any occasion! Enjoy your stamping weekend!

BarbaraW said...

Sweet card. Love those flowers and the colors you used.

Chrissy D said...

Linda, this is SO cute!!!I love the stitching and buttons!

Ida said...

Very pretty. Love the flowers and the stitched stems. Have a great weekend. I'd send you some of our "Sunshine" but I'm being stingy with it right now. Hugs

Basement Stamper said...

the flowers are gorgeous and love the colors you chose!

JP Card Crazy said...

Love this card! Love the flowers and the stitching...Great colors too!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is so excellent, Linda. Love it.

Tami Black said...

Okay where was I last year? I don't have this flower and absolutely adore this card -- perfect detials! Love the colors too....

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- it would be perfect for a set of cards! The stitching is a great accent too.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! The colors are wonderful and so is the stitching! I especially love the way you did the sentiment on the bottom! :D

Lori said...

Pretty card! Love the stitching and the sentiment on the banner diecut.

njburk said...

I was having some trouble with the hopin' along--but now yours seems to be working!
Love that stamp. Great job on your project.
See you next time, Nola

Anne said...

Pretty card! Fun stitched stems:)

Marilyn SanClemente said...

I love the flowers!