Friday, February 25, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Sketch


Hi Bloggers!   Today's post is for the Friday Bloggers Challenge.  This week we had a sketch challenge.  I took a little poetic license with this because I wanted to use my pretty mat stack die.  So my middle rectangle image is a little over-sized compared to the sketch, but hopefully it's close enough.  I loved the circular lines in the die so I decided to use the SU Aviary stamp set for my creation.  That stamp set also has some beautiful round lines all over so I thought it would go.  The paper is from 'My Minds Eye' alphabet soup.  I love the blues and reds together.  The solid cardstock is poppy from SU and the ink is poppy and baja breeze.  As I keep saying in all my posts, I adore the SU seam binding ribbon for bows.  It's so easy to work with.  I split a roll with my friend for most colors, but I am sure I'm going to be out of the Baja Breeze color very soon.  For spring this has become my go-to color.  So fun! 

This sketch is very easy to do.  If you have a circle punch or die, you can totally make a card using this.  Want to try?  Just make your card and post it on a public site.  Then link it in.  It's easy.  I'd love to see some of you play along this week.  Why Not?  Need some inspiration?  Check out what the other bloggers did with this sketch by clicking on their link.

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope to get some stamping done - in New England it will be dreary.  Come back next week for more posts!

16 comments:

MJ said...

How sweet! Great card. Love the bird cages.

BarbaraW said...

Love your take on this sketch. Wonderful images.

Ida said...

Very fun card. Love your bird images and the Polka Dot dp.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, love your color combination!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So excellent. Love it!

Basement Stamper said...

Love what you did with this, beautiful papers.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! We were thinking alike for this one! I used birds and a bow as well! Great papers too! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

I love it when I see the sketch used in a little bit different way! Super job with your card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

The paper is perfect with the image- love the images too. Pretty card!

JP Card Crazy said...

Love how you used the cut outs for this challenge. Adorable card!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the colors and the stamps!

njburk said...

Cute card--love the colors you went with too!

Tami Black said...

I adore the colors in this paper -- bright and cheerful on a very gray day in Ohio! Love how you used your images too -- nicely done!

GCgirl said...

This is really sweet...I am finally breaking down and getting this stamp set. Too cute to pass up!

Chrissy D said...

Love the colors and your design on this! The bow and button are a great touch too! Wonderful card!

Lori said...

Love the bright, cheerful colors you used with the sketch.