Thursday, February 10, 2011

MFT Wed Sketch Challenge






Do you like to mix things up when you make cards?  I don't know that I like it, but I do find that I am often mixing things up to accomplish something specific.  For this card I wanted to do two things.  Both required mixing it up a bit.  First I wanted to create a card that could be used in the MFT sketch challenge.  However, the image I wanted to use was a vertical image.  The sketch was horizontal.  So I flipped the sketch on the side.  Second I wanted to create a St. Patrick's Day card to send to Pam for her pack of cards for cards for soldiers.  So, my a la mode girl was originally holding a clock, but I mixed it up by having her hold instead an image of a shamrock.

I think it came out just fine.  Do you like the fact that our young girl has gray hair?  I have some young friends who have had grey hair since their late 20's so I thought it would be fun to use this hair color instead of my usual browns and blondes.  I also had fun doing lots of dots with this one. I also had fun using green, a color we don't see a lot of here in New England these days.

Thanks for looking and especially thanks for commenting.  You make my day when you leave me notes.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a great way to improvise Linda! She is just darling! The snow banner is down, so the green should be coming any day now...lol! :D