Saturday, February 5, 2011

Paper Trey Ink Contest

Hi Bloggers,

Don't you just love a contest?  I get so excited about the possibility of winning!  I never win mind you, but I still get excited about the prospect.  Papertrey ink just announced a contest to win a fabulous assortment of products and it's super easy to participate since all I need to do to be entered is choose one of my favorite PTI projects from last year, re-post it on my blog today and link it in.  I had fun going back through my blog entries last year and knew right away that this one was my absolute favorite - even though I had several to choose from.








This was my first try at a clear card.  It added a lot of 'umph' to the card.  I love it.  Now don't think I'm super clever and creative with this card.  I cased it from the uber talented Debbie Olsen.  This was her card design and I just recreated it as a birthday card for my sister.

And before I go today, I have to show you my snow pictures.  I had fun looking at Dawn McVey's pictures and while she does have quite a bit of snow - we have so much more.  I live outside of Boston and we have record breaking quantities of snow.   I think we have a total accumulation of 4.5 feet.  A few more inches are coming today.  The first photo is from the sidewalk in my neighborhood.  When the dogs and I 'go in' we can hardly see over the side to the road.  For the short dogs, it's a walking tunnel.  Snow on all sides!
And check out my deck!  This was BEFORE the storm we had on Tues/Wed .  If my hubby hadn't cleared it, it would have spilled over the railings.  Can you see the 'snow cake' on top of the table to the right of the picture?  Funny!
The last three photos below are from our snow shoeing excursion on Sunday 1/31.  Isn't it beautiful.  The first photo is the doggies joyfully running up the hill in the snow shoe tracks.  They were so glad to get outside and get some exercise.  The others are just gorgeous scenery on the sunshiny day.


2 comments:

Debra said...

Lovely card! I haven't inked this set up because it intimidates me. Love the acetate. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

That is one of my favorite cards that you've made Linda! It turned out beautifully! The clear acetate is just wonderful! Your photographs are lovely! The doggies look so cute in the snow! :D