Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring Thank You

Today's post is a card I whipped up yesterday.  Our family has a christmas craft exchange each year.  We do the exchange in January and I couldn't attend the party live, but my sister picked up my gift and delivered it to me a few weeks ago. So that is why I'm so late with a Christmas thank you card.  Since it's almost March, it seemed appropriate to do a spring themed card.  So this card hit the mail yesterday to my dear cousin Jan, thanking her for the beautiful hand made basket she got for me.

This card uses the new SU Easter Blossoms set and the new DSP to match.  I also used the Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon.  Isn't it adorable?  I got it to ruche by sewing a stitch down the middle (basting stitch) and pulling it in.  This ribbon is great to work with.

The image is colored with copics and the buds are added with Ranger Pearl.  The sentiment is from a Michaels stamp and I added a PTI button and string ribbon.  I used the PTI envelope die to include a matching envelope.

Thanks for looking - have a great day.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Linda that card is just beautiful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Simply beautiful Linda! I love this paper! I'm definitely going to need some! This image is so pretty! The ribbon looks fabulous! Wonderfully done! :D