Monday, February 14, 2011

Think Spring

Hello Bloggers,

Don't you just love spring images in February?  I do.  Any little taste of spring I can get this time of year is welcome.  I love to go to flower shows in Feb/March.  I love to buy little bouquets of spring flowers at the grocery store in Feb/March.  I also love to play with spring colors and spring images in my card making this time of year.

Below are a few of the spring cards I made this weekend.
Above is a spring sympathy card I made with my new Great Impressions stamp.  Do you see the little stitching in the lower left corner?  That was done with my new sew easy tool and some ivory emboidery thread.  It adds a nice little texture and accent. 


 The card above is so pretty.  I love the pink cherry blossom.  This is the new Spring/Easter stamp set from SU from their occasions mini catalog.  Love this image.  The paper is blushing bride and the patterned paper is SU's new DSP for spring.  BEAUTIFUL.    I colored her in with copics - three colors of pink starting with the light color on the whole flower and then accenting with the darker colors.  The buds are a mix of a little green and platinum liquid pearls.  The ribbon is the new SU bias tape in rose red.  This stuff is great.  Very easy to work with - especially for making bows. This card will be going to my co-worker.  Her birthday is Wed.  I fancied it up by adding images to the inside and patterned paper to the envelope using my pti envelope die.  So sweet.  I can smell spring just looking at this.


Lastly, below is a gift I received from my stamping friend Karen.  Aren't those just darling?  Inside are chocolates.  Very sweet.  She loves making boxes and favors.  These are just gorgeous.

Well, I hope you have a fun valentines day.  If you are single - I hope you find something fun to do. If you are married or in a relationship I hope you are able to express your love to your sweetie.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful cards Linda! Love that stamps that you picked up at Bella's! The pink card is just lovely too! Cute little treats containers too! :D