Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Birthday

I know, I know, it's Sunday and my post is for Friday's Bloggers Challenge.  It's just a little late ( - :  But, honestly, I do have a good excuse.  First, my card was finished Wed.  But my laptop died so I only got it back up to speed on Thursday.  And I struggled with my photo software.  And girls weekend (our annual gathering of my female relatives) was at my house this year so 8 lovely ladies arrived on Friday.  But here it is!   Better late than never and yes, we had a lovely time at GW this year.  Lots of laughter and girl bonding.

I decided to try to use this tag die to make a scene card.  The tag is a little small, but I made it work.  It has a nice fun, youthful spring look to it.  Isn't it cute?  I also (finally) used my MFT cloud dies.  I had thought I'd use this die all the time.  Maybe now that spring is coming, I will find more use for it.  The blue gingham paper is from A*Muse, the green is pear pizzaz from SU.  The birds are PTI and the grass and clouds are from MFT.  Hope you are enjoying the rest of the weekend.  I am looking forward to heading out with dogs in a bit to enjoy the sunshine.  Do you want to create a birthday card and join the challenge?  Give it a try and post along below.  We'd love to see what you come up with.

9 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

Another adorable bird card! Love the clouds too!

Lisa Bohler said...

That is simple adorable! Love the gingham paper and the little clouds are perfect!

BarbaraW said...

Cute card. Love those birds.

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, love the gingham paper! Sounds like girls weekend was a blast!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card Linda! Love the gingham papers and these are my favorite colors! Beautifully done! So glad that you had a fun weekend! :D

Basement Stamper said...

hope you had a wonderful girls weekend, love the little birds.

Barbara said...

Wonderful card! Gotta love those sweet little birdies set against the gingham.

Tami Black said...

Love the gingham and the soft use of colors -- perfect images for this type of card!

Pam said...

Linda, that is just too cute!!! Love the gingham and that cute little bird!