Friday, March 18, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Spring Flowers


So in my last post, I mentioned I wasn't going to have time to do any card making because my son's team was playing in some post season basketball play-off games.  Well, the GREAT news is I haven't had much stamping time this week.  They keep on winning!    We won last week in the DISTRICT championship.  We won Wednesday in the state semi-final and we are really hoping for a win tomorrow in the MA state championship basketball games.   Go Crusaders.  What a fun time for our school and the families.  Everyone is so supportive and comes out to the games.  It's so fun to see the audience for our team.  There are so many young kids from the elementary school and so many parents.  We also have the joy of seeing some recent grads in the stands since the play-offs are happening during college spring break week.

Aren't these just the cutest boys ever???  Eric is on the upper row in the middle (4th in from the left, 3rd in from the right)  

As for my card, my beautiful daughter will turn 22 next month.  When I saw our blogger's challenge theme was spring flowers I decided to do a creation and use it for her birthday card.  I love this image from papertrey ink.  I adore tulips and love the fact that they come in every color.  I really had fun coloring these in with a combination of coral pink's, light oranges and some yellow reds copics.  I thought the image really needed all the attention, so I kept the layout and other card elements super simple and in this case I think less really is more.  The tulips are mounted on a based of Peach Pizzaz and then Always Artichoke and the card base is Crumb Cake (or Kraft for traditionalists like me.)  The adorable bow was done with some really nice Kraft colored twill that I got from Carly Robertson's esty shop.  The inside is done by stamping my tulip image in crumb cake and then the Hugs and Wishes sentiment done right over it in Peach Pizzaz.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Stop back Sunday for another post and the game result!

Oh and if you want to make a spring flowers card creation, make it, post it and link it in below!



15 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful tulips.Wonderful card. Can't wait til my tulips pop up in the garden.

Marjie Shulsinger said...

Love the colors - very intense. TFS.

Ida said...

Gorgeous flowers! You picked the perfect spring flower. Love the bright colors. Congrats to your sons team.

sheryl said...

OOOOH! I would love to receive a bouquet of flowers that look like this--very pretty!

Lisa Bohler said...

Terrific! Love the ribbon on the front!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your flowers, Linda.

Lisa Somerville said...

Congrats to your sons team! Your tulip card is beautiful both inside and out - wonderful coloring!

Pam said...

Beautiful card! Congrats to your son's team and best of luck to them in the States!

JP Card Crazy said...

Beautiful tulips!!! The bow is perfect! Congrats to you sons team!

Anne said...

Very pretty tulips

Nikki Bond said...

Love the image and how you "bunched"them with the twill...awesome coloring job! {sMILES}

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv your card, true Spring, inside and out! Good luck to your son's team.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I LOVE this Linda! It is simply GORGEOUS! Tulips are my favorite flowers and these are beautiful in orange! The inside turned out lovely too! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Best of luck to the team! Love your beautiful floral card and I love the inside with the flower image too.

Barbara said...

Spectacular! Love the colors...this image is just perfect in this layout. And congrats on your son's team making the finals!! How exciting!