Sunday, March 20, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge

I know, graduation cards aren't needed needed until May or June, but I am working on some cards to donate to the christian school fundraiser in April.  I decided a pack of cards with a mothers day, fathers day, graduation and 2 birthday cards would be popular since most of the people attending the fundraiser silent auction may need these cards in the months following the auction.  So when I saw this sketch challenge for MFT I decided right away to ink up my conGRADulations girl and make my first card for the pack.  The school's colors are blue and white.  I added the brown because her hair is brown and her book bag is brown and I like to coordinate.  This sketch has a TON of layers in it and I was afraid of the card getting too busy too soon, so I wanted to keep as much continuity as possible.  I think if I were to do this again, I would use a solid brown instead of the tape measure ribbon.  I think against the polka dots it's just a little cluttered.  Well, thanks for stopping by and have a great week. 

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I somehow missed this on your blog, but just happened upon it over on SCS! This is adorable Linda! I LOVE all of the polka dots! :D