Saturday, March 19, 2011

WCS MA Div 3 Basketball State Champions

We won.  I can hardly believe it.  Very early in the season I could see the potential of this team and said 'this may be the year.'  I was right.  Wow, what an intense game today.  My son attends Whitinsville Christian School and his basketball team played in the Massachussetts Division 3 state championship game today and came away with a win.  The other team was fierce and we could hardly score anything off them.  I think this was our lowest scoring game all season - including the games we lost!  We took it at 42-36.  An unbelievably low scoring game for varsity high school boys.  I heard that no other team had scored more than 40 points off this team.  Our boys worked hard for the win today and I'm so happy for them.

Photo's Below and video below.  Now I just need to find something to get my heart rate back down and my nails to grow back.  What a day!




This photo is of my son, Eric and his best friend and next door neighbor Conner.  They have been playing basketball together since 3rd grade.  Don't you love that trophy??



Here is the team as they came back to the school for the rally.  I love their expressions!  That's my Eric, 4th one in from the left.



Here's our boys shaking hands with the Watertown team at the end of the game.  Eric is the last in line there on the left.



Here's Bob and I at the game.  It's pretty close up but with my iphone camera I just held my arms out and took a picture.  Don't we look sweet in blue and white??




And here is Jessa and Eric after the game.  Aren't they a cute couple?
And lastly here is a link to the video from the local news coverage:




Lastly is a link from a video I took from my iphone

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Way to go Crusaders! CONGRATULATIONS! :D