Friday, April 1, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Birds

I was so excited to see that our challenge this week is BIRDS.  I have so many bird stamps.  I love bird images.





I decided to try something a little different with this card.  I stamped the tree on vellum and instead of adhering it to the card base, I attached it with a twine bow on the seam.  I cut out the tree and then added grass and the birds (die cut) to the image.  It's simple but I kind of like it.  Not my usual card, but fun just the same.

Want to try your hand at a bird card?  give a shot.  Then post it and link it in below.

11 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable Linda! Love how you used the vellum! Those birds are so sweet! :D

Sassafras said...

Love it!

sheryl said...

Pretty! Love the tree stamped on vellum and cut out--looks great!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute scene you created! The tree looks wonderful stamped on the vellum!

JP Card Crazy said...

Adorable love what you did with the tree. Those little birdies are just so cute...great scene!

Lori said...

Great design! Love the way you used the vellum.

Basement Stamper said...

the tree stamped on vellum with the birds looks great and I love the colors.

Ida said...

Very Fun card. The tree looks great on the vellum and this makes such a sweet little scene.

Terry said...

Lovely card with the stamped vellum! the cut grass and birdies are a perfect touch!

Tami Black said...

I adore this and how you put it all together. Beautiful!

Chrissy D said...

LOVELY!