Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Inspiration

This week, we had something new for our bloggers challenge.  We were to create a card using an inspiration photo.  I've never done one of these before, but found it quite fun.  I've seen lots of other blog posts with this type of challenge and have always loved the creations that come from them.





So here is my creation.  I used a new thing that my friend Karen gave me.  It's one of the SU Beveled Windowpanes.  At first, I had no idea how I would use this in a project, but when I saw that the image size matched this darling bunny from Forest Friends, I had my idea.

Here is the inspiration photo.



I picked up the blue green color from the wall with the Baja Blue card stock.  I embossed it to give the horizontal line texture of the wall.  I picked up the tree in the window with my forest friends tree set on the blue/white die cut out.  And lastly, I picked up the black and white photo's on the wall with the bunny.  I attached the beveled windowpane with some baja breeze taffeta ribbon.  So, that is how I interpreted the inspiration card onto my creation.

Below is a photo of the inside of the card.  Since it was black, I needed a white layer for the sentiment.



I hope you are all able to enjoy this Sunday.  We have a quiet day planned.  My daughter Sarah is home from college for her birthday, so we'll enjoy spending a little time with her and catching up.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can go for a nice long walk with the dogs this afternoon after church.

So, are you inspired to try to make a creation using this inspiration photo?  If you do, just post your card on your blog and add yours below.  Check out what the others have done.  They are all so cute.

9 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

Beautifully done! Such a cute little bunny too!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a darling take on the inspiration photo! Wonderfully done!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, love those little window panes! Wonderful take on the challenge!

Lori said...

So sweet!

njburk said...

Oh So Cute--love how you simplfied the inspiration!
Great job! Hugs, N

sheryl said...

Very Cute! Great idea to score the horizontal lines--looks fantastic!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

You did such a beautiful job using this inspiration photo! LOVE how you showcased that sweet little deer in the window! Too cute! :D

Basement Stamper said...

the beveled window pane is darling! So glad you decided to join us at Blogger's Challenge and hope you will again!

Ida said...

Playing "Catch-Up" on last weeks cards.

This is really cute and sweet. Love that bunny and how you incorporated the tree from the IP into your card. - Great job.