Friday, April 22, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Ribbon/Lace

Today's challenge with my BC group was super easy.  The challenge was to use ribbon or lace on the card.  I think over 75% of my cards have ribbon on them.  So since I needed to make a 50th wedding anniversary card for my in-laws, I created this card with this nice seam binding ribbon from SU.  I love the SU patterned paper here with this PTI stamp set and die.  It is just so classy!  My in-laws are in Kauai Hawaii for the month celebrating their special anniversary. They love it there and I am envious.  I have never been to Kauai, but I have been to Maui twice and it is just so nice there.  So tropical and exotic.   This card will go in the mail this weekend and it will be waiting for them when they return in a few weeks.  My hubby and I called the resort and had a floral arrangement sent to them.  I hope they like it.  They were adamant about not wanting any of us doing anything for the event, but who doesn't like flowers?

Do you have any special plans for Easter?  My daughter, husband and I went to our church's Maundy Thursday service last night.  It was very nice.  We'll go to Easter Services on Saturday night.  The church will be packed Sunday morning so if we go Saturday night, it will allow some of the guests to sit in the pews.  People will sometimes leave if there standing room only and if I can go on Saturday to allow others to enjoy the Sunday service, well I can totally do that.   Then Sunday, Eric is playing in a golf tournament in the afternoon and I'm planning a nice, elegant, but simple dinner for later Sunday.  I think I'll make coq a vin.  I can put it all in the pot and let it stew all afternoon.  Then if Eric is running late, it's no big deal.  Maybe add some ratatouille for my vegetarian daughter.  Add in some homemade french bread, a salad and a special dessert and dinner is ready.  It's not a traditional Easter meal, but I think it will work just fine.  What are you having for Easter dinner?
Want to add your ribbon/lace card to the blog hop?  Add your link below.

12 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty and perfect challenge card. I hope you have a blessed Easter- our church has to have a service in the church and in the gym for multiple masses- it is so packed! We are going to my husband's brothers home and the kids are all home for the weekend- yeah!

JP Card Crazy said...

Love this card! The papers you used are fantastic and the ribbon with the button is adorable.

How thoughtful of you to go Saturday night to make room for guests on Sunday! Easter is such a glorious day. My wish would be that every Sunday could be like Easter and the churches filled to capacity! Happy Easter to you and your family. I'm sure hungry after reading your dinner menu!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love your color combination! Have a Blessed Easter!

Lisa Bohler said...

Gorgeous color combo! Love how you added the button with the ribbon! Happy Easter to you!!

sheryl said...

Beautiful choice of colors--love the seam binding bow with the button. You're right--very classy!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is GORGEOUS Linda! I love the color combination and the seam binding gives it such an elegant feel! I wish you and all of your family a very Happy Easter! :D

Asia said...

Beautiful colors and ribbon :)

Ida said...

This is so pretty and elegant. Love the color choice and papers along with the seam binding. It has a lovely vintage feel about it.

njburk said...

Love how you wove it altogether. Great job on it. Hoppy Easter! Sasha says Hi to Joey!

Sassafras said...

This card is really fresh and lovely. It is simple but the nice combination of papers give it a rich feel and the beautiful seam binding adds a touch of elegance. Perfect!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and layout...jus perfect!

BarbaraW said...

Love the design papers you used. Very elegant