Friday, April 29, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Rose/Green/Blue Colors





I was struggling to come up with an idea for this weeks color challenge, but then decided to use my retired SU Wild About You stamp set and go with pastel colors in the rose, green and blue family.  I was also on the PTI site and watched the video on the PTI blog for this outline/line technique.  I love the look that this rectangular frame gives.  It's so simple (but surprisingly harder to do than anticipated) but the results are so nice.  I just love the extra emphasis the simple black line offers a simple card.  I'll be posting another card using this technique this weekend.  In order to be eligible for some PTI prizes, I need to do this technique with a PTI stamp.   Since my PTI order arrived yesterday, I have a few new ones to play with.  I am planning on playing with my new 'fly away' stamp set with this border.

Well off to watch more about the Royal Wedding.  Have a great weekend and stop back by later this weekend to see my other post.

Do you want to try to use Rose, Green and Blue?  Make your card and add it in to the link below!

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love the added grass and the way you framed the sweet elephant!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I love the border accent you added- a great elegant touch!

BarbaraW said...

Cute elephant. The line border gives a great look to the card.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Good to be back after two trips away. Missed you gals! This card is so excellent! Love it!! Hugs, Gayle.

Shirley said...

What a darling card, Linda!

Asia said...

Beautiful card :) The elephant, grass and little bird!

JP Card Crazy said...

How cute is this? The grass is such a wonderful touch. Love the little birdie too!!

Chrissy D said...

Such a sweet card - great job with the color challenge!