Friday, April 15, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Sketch

Today's post is for this weeks bloggers sketch challenge.

I found this darling scripture stamp when we were in North Carolina last month.  They had a whole bunch of Hobby Lobby stores there and before we visited Elon, we stopped into the Hobby Lobby in Burlington NC.  It was a nice store - very similar to AC Moore, but it is owned by a christian and is not open on Sunday's so I was not surprised that they had a few more faith based stamps - especially for the easter season.  This is such a great sentiment/bible verse that I thought it could take center stage for my card.  I do have one regret on this.  I wish that I had not put the bud accents on the background.  Sometimes less really is more, but I do love the cherry blossoms in the background of the sentiment, don't you?





The sketch is right here.  I love a sketch challenge.  It still gives me the flexibility to choose my own stamps and colors, but adds a little structure around the artistic process.

Card Recipe:
Card Stock:  Always Artichoke, Easter Paper (SU),
Stamps:  Cherry Blossoms from SU's Easter Blossoms paper
Accessories:  Baja Breeze Ribbon, Very Vanilla ribbon, Baja Breeze marker, Tim Holz stickles for bud texture.

Want to play along?  Create a card using the above sketch and then add your blog link below to join the blog hop.

13 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful use of the sketch! The Cherry Blossom work wonderfully with the lovely verse!

Beth said...

Beautiful scripture stamp - love the cherry blossom, this is a great card for Easter!

Sassafras said...

This is lovely and I really like the Bible verse and the font. I agree with your idea that less is more; the extra dots make it busy, but it's still a beautiful card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so gorgeous Linda! You do such a lovely job with this stamp set! Such a beautiful sentiment too! Love it all! :D

Connie Paxman said...

Love the scripture stamp...and especially what you did with the background...just pops right off my screen..
Wonderful to be back on BC playing with you gals..
connie paxman

JP Card Crazy said...

So sweet and elegant! Your color choice is perfect and of course love that verse!

Terry said...

I love the bud accent! Beautiful card and just perfect for Easter! Love the colors!

Ida said...

Beautifully done. What a great Scripture for a Easter card and the flowers are just lovely.

Lisa Bohler said...

That is just beautiful! I love how you used the gel pen to accent the blossoms!

Basement Stamper said...

love this bible verse and the colors are marvelous!

Nikki Bond said...

I think this looks great!...I love the bud BG {SMILES}

Barbara said...

This is lovely! So many special touches coming together to make a wonderful Easter card!!

MJ said...

Wonderful! Love the font on that sentiment!