Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fly Away Birthday for PTI's Make it Monday Line Frame

Hi everyone,

Don't you just hate a spring cold.  I survived most of this awful winter being reasonably healthy.  Now that it's almost May, I get my awful cold.  I am such a dreadfully mean and grumpy sick person.  I am a huge baby.  I hate feeling sick, I take every kind of medicine available and eat anything and everything that may make me feel better.  And I don't want to do anything.  Which really stinks because I had big plans for today in the garden, cleaning my house and making cards.  I was also being so good about increasing my activity (which was giving me better results with my weight loss.)  Having a headache, body aches, stuffed nose and cough makes it really hard to have the energy for a 1 hour power walk.  Sometimes you just have to give in to the body and relax.  I can power walk again next week.

But anyway, on to today's post.  I have only watched a handful of PTI's Make it Monday videos, and this past weeks post really peaked my interest.  I love the clean and simple look of a line frame.  I love the card Nicole made when she demonstrated this technique so I knew right away I wanted to try it.  The key to making this work is you MUST have the right pen.   You also should practice your line drawing.  The first time wasn't so good, but by the third time, I had it down and could do it pretty well. I did it once with a regular pen and it smeared and bunched and was a sloppy mess.   For this time, I used a ZIG pen.  I think a fine point sharpie would work.  Nicole says to use an American Craft pen.  The brand doesn't matter, but it must be permanent, non-smudging and .5 mm.

So, if you follow my blog you will know that Friday I posted a similar card for bloggers challenge using Wild about you stamp set.  For today's post, I am using Fly Away from PTI.  I need to use PTI products to be eligible for the drawing for the Make it Monday challenge.  I inked the airplane up in Baja Breeze and added the Happy Birthday sentiment in black to tie the black in from the line.  I wanted to add a little something so I added in some celery grass and I felt a little button would complement it as well so I put a twine bow inside a PTI button and adhered it to the lower right corner.  This is quite simple, but really kind of nice.  Sometimes less is more.  The patterned paper is from SU and the card base is always artichoke.  Want to see how to do this?  Check out Nicole Heady's blog and watch the 9 minute video. 

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/make-it-monday/

Now off to nurse this cold with some hot tea with lemon.  Oh yes, and some mucinex and advil as well!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Too cute! I love the airplane and the grass in the lower right-hand corner too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card, the airplace in the top left looks great.

Sassafras said...

Your airplane is so cute. I liked that video, too; I love the clean and simple look.

I surely hope you feel better ASAP!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Linda,
You left such a nice comment on my blog yesterday - thank you! I love that I was not alone in my struggle with the line drawing. I think I used the right pen, but I may just order one from PTI - heck, I spend my life savings with that company! I hope you feel better. I am in NJ and it is just gorgeous here today. I love your blog - I will be back to visit! Have a beautiful Sunday.
Stephanie