Thursday, April 28, 2011

I did it! (finally)

Hello bloggers,

Have you ever given yourself a challenge that you try, try, try to meet and become so frustrated when the goal seems so allusive?  Well that is what has happened to me this winter/spring but I finally have reached my initial goal.  I decided in early February to go back to weight watchers and get my weight back on track with where my doctor thinks it needs to be.   While I probably should lose 30 pounds, my doctor encouraged me to lose 15.  So in early February when I went to do the new points plus program with WW, I was eager and excited to get started.  I set a first goal.  When I lose the first 5 pounds, I will buy myself the Grand Calibur die cutting machine.  I thought (in early Feb) that the grand calibur would be mine by the end of the month.  After all, everyone else in the WW meeting was losing 3 pounds the first week and a pound or two each week after.  Seems reasonable eh?  Well, here we are in APRIL and I have only just now lost the FIRST 5 pounds.  Do you know how many times I wanted to quit?  I so wanted to quit the week I went in (having followed the program all week) only to see my big 1.8 weight loss the week before gone with a gain that week of 1.8 pounds.  I finally talked to my leader and she said not everyone can eat the weekly 'extra' points allotted.  So this past week, I did not eat any extra points.  Not one.  Only the 29 points I get every day.  The good thing is that with the new WW program, I can be satisfied with 29 points each day.  The program keeps me eating well balanced foods, moving more and all those other healthy habits that I should do.  So, I really shouldn't complain about not getting those extra points, I'm just mad that everyone else in my WW class can eat 29 points plus have 49 points each week and still lose.

But today is my happy post.  I finally did it.  I finally lost my first 5 pounds.  And, I'm planning on sticking with the program another 3-6 months to lose the other 10.  Heck, as long as I'm not hungry, eating right and on track, the important thing is that the number on the scale is going down.  Slowly, but still going in the right direction.

So below are pictures of my new baby.  I can't wait to use it.


For those who are unfamiliar with it, here is the description.  I am most interested in using it so I don't have to pre-cut my paper for die cuts.  I'm looking forward to putting several dies on the page and then running it through the machine.  Now, with my cuttlebug, I have to pre-cut all my papers, then put them through.  I may also invest in one or two Grand dies (larger die cuts) to so some fun shaped cards.

'The Grand Calibur is the latest in Spellbinders' line of innovative cutting machines. It is compatible with all Spellbinders die templates and accepts 8-1/2x11 inch paper without trimming plus cuts or embosses up to 8-1/8 inches wide with just the turn of a handle. The Grand Calibur uses the same two-pass process as the Wizard (cut on one pass; emboss on the other) but the Grand Calibur allows many more die templates on the larger plates. Perfect for use with Grand Nestabilities dies (not included). This machine is also compatible with many other popular dies and embossing folders. This package contains one Grand Calibur Machine with handle (measures 7- 1/2x14x4-1/2 inches); one grey base plate; one white cutting plate; one pink embossing plate; one tan embossing mat; and instructions. Dies and folders sold separately.'

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, I am excited to see you got this. Let me know how you like it. I have been tempted.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

CONGRATS, Linda! Good for you for sticking with the WW program and getting your new die cutting machine! Hopefully, I'll get to see it very soon! :D

Sassafras said...

oh My GOSH! That's fantastic! I am so happy for you. I can imagine your frustration at first, but then reaching your goal is even sweeter. I bet you'll enjoy your accomplishment as much as you'll enjoy your new toy!