Monday, April 18, 2011

MFT sketch challenge

Don't you just love great kids books?  I remember so many of the books we used to read to my kids when they were little.  Often something will happen that will remind me of the book and it takes me back in time.  That is what happened with this card.  After I finished it (for the MFT sketch challenge) and after the clear shine dried off on the boots, I realized that her boots are just like the boots in the children's book 'Big Sarah's little boots.'


Below is a photo of the book.  Isn't she cute?  The story is darling - about a young girl who loved her rain boots, but then they got too small for her.  My little Sarah used to have so much fun playing in the puddles in our street at our house in Florida.  When it rains in Florida, it rains hard.  But then it stops and the sun comes out.  Usually the only evidence of the storm is all the giant warm water puddles in the low lying areas of the street.  My little Sarah would play for forever just running back and forth in the big puddles. 

My 'little' Sarah is now 22 years old, but when we used to read this book to her, she was as big as the girl in the picture.   Where did the years go?

Anyway, on to the card.  I whipped this up yesterday to get it in before the MFT sketch challenge deadline.  Below is a picture of sketch. 




Once I decided to go 'literal' with the sketch and use water and clouds in my card, I knew right away that I had to ink up this PI umbrella girl.  She is so cute and inspiring for spring.  I did three pass-throughs of my cuttlebug to get the 3 layers of scallops and did the clouds in the matching blue patterned paper.  The blue is Baja Breeze and the bright yellow as an accent is Daffodil Delight.  the others are just mat layers of white and black.  She is paper pieced and colored in copics.  The boots get shiny with a little dab of glossy glue - left to dry overnight.  Thanks for stopping by and thanks especially to those of you who leave comments.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

She is too cute, Linda! I always LOVE your little stories that go along with your cards! Wonderfully done, my friend! :D