Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mini-Courses

It's a windy and wet Sunday here for us in New England.  While many times this would make me sad, I'm actually kind of glad for the weather.  Now I won't feel guilty about not doing any yard work and instead head down to the craft room this afternoon to create some spring goodies.  Today's post is about the mini-course I taught on Friday.  My son's school has one day a year where the high school students get to choose 2 mini-courses. They don't offer regular classes.  The teachers and parents offer various 'fun' things to learn.  My son did 'super snacks' at one mothers home.  I offered card making.  There were also things like kayaking, helping the community food bank and table tennis.  So 8 lovely ladies (mostly Freshman but a few sophomores and juniors) came by my house at 11:30 and we made 4 cards.  They loved it.  Each one customized the cards to match their needs.  The stamp sets/prototypes I had were very versitile so the graduation example I used could have worked for new baby, happy birthday or wedding.

Which one is your favorite?

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

They are all wonderful Linda! I especially like the last one! That image is so pretty! I really like the twine with the eyelets on the father's card too! Beautifully done! :D