Monday, April 25, 2011

Polka Dot Birds

Today's post is for Impression Obsessions challenge.  I have a wonderful IO stamp that is so flexible and fun to use.  I often color this stamp up with blues and purples, but I wanted to go with a more tropical theme so I picked oranges and yellows for the challenge card with polka dots.  This one was super fun to create.  I used the impression obsession Thistle Garden stamp.  I included the stamp image below my card so you can see how the image is on the stamp since I modified it for this card.





To get this effect, I put my circle nestability through the cuttlebug, but then I left the white card stock with the nestie still in it and stamped the image in black. Then I took the die cut out and started coloring both the circle image and the surrounding thistle/grass/bird images.  When I finished coloring, I matted the circle on a layer of white (one step larger nestie) and then another mat layer on daffodil (the next larger nestie.)  Then I trimmed off the extra from the outside to get this nice square shape and started pasting.  I used my scallop die to get the daffodil yellow layer and added some daffodil thin ribbon with a bow for the lower horizontal accent.  The sketch is from MFT's wed sketch challenge.  I loved the sketch so much I decided to use it here also.  Lastly I added a nice sentiment 'Wishing you the best day ever' to make this a great all occasion card.    The challenge was polka dot and I think this definitely fits the bill.  It is very polka dotty and bright and fun.  Thanks so much for looking.  Have a great week.

Want to play along?  Go to the Impression Obsession website (below) - get the details and then add your link to their site.  Winners get a $25.00 gift certificate.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Simply beautiful, Linda! LOVE the fun mix of colors and the polka dots too! Great way to fit that image into the circle as well! :D

Shirley said...

What a really beautiful 'polka dot' card, Linda! What you did with the trims is just wonderful! I have this stamp and you really made a lovely card with it. Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love how you stamped while it was in the Nestie, leaving that nice white border on your circle. Beautifully created and love how you showed the stamp in such a different way!!!

Sassafras said...

This card is so cheery it just makes me smile! I love the combination of yellow and orange with little pops of purple, and the stamp is really adorable. Your card is fabulous!