Wednesday, April 20, 2011

State Championship Banquet

What a fun night we had tonight at the WCS basketball team banquet to celebrate the Div 3 state championship win last month.  They did a great job hosting a dinner/event at the Pleasant Valley Country Club.  The coaches and athletic director had so many nice things to say about all the players and it was fun to catch up with the other basketball families.  The funny thing was that my neighbor and I consulted each other about what to wear.  The invitation said 'semi-formal' and they boys were asked to wear dress pants and ties.  So Monique and I figured it was a dress and high heels event.  I even wore pantyhose and my pearls.  Well, we were the only females there in dresses. Not a problem, we figured it was better to be overdressed than underdressed so we weren't bothered.

I took a video of coach Bajema presenting Eric with the 'trophy' bag.  Inside was a nice jacket, a team photo, a DVD of game highlights, two tee-shirts and his varsity letter for the season.   Coach Bajema did a great job saying some funny and personal things about each of the boys.  I love that he encouraged all the boys - not just in their basketball training, but in being successful in life.  

And here is a photo of my two boys.  Aren't they handsome?
And for those who want to see a card - I got a nice package in the mail last week from my friend Kimberly.  She tells me that lots of people are using these big tags on their cards.  I put some patterned paper on mine, tore it up, added a grommet and pulled this card together with it.  It has a sort of masculine feel to it with a little french country too.  I did something unusual with this in that I stamped the image directly on the patterned paper and colored my copics on the paper.  Since the design is simple I think it works.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Lovely card Linda! The tag looks beautiful and I like how you stamped right on the patterned paper! Beautifully done! Great video of Eric's special moment! What a wonderful night for the team and their loved ones! :D