Friday, May 20, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Inspiration

Are any of you American Idol fans?  Were you surprised to see the show on Thursday and find out who was going to be in the finale?  I know I was.  I thought for sure the country fans were going to split between Scotty and Lauren and make Haley a shoe in for the finale, but I guess us country fans RULE.   Both Scotty and Lauren will be in next weeks finale.  Should be exciting.

Today's post is for this weeks bloggers challenge.  Our challenge was to make a card based on the below inspiration photo.






I knew right away I would do a beachy scene. Love the beige, black, blue and white color scheme.  Very soothing.  I pulled out these denami stamps - the sea shells and the sand and inked them up and threw them in a 'shake it' card format.  The last time I did a shake it card with a beach theme I used real sand.  The problem with that is the window gets all dirty and you can't see inside.  So this time I used sand colored tiny beads. Much easier and more sparkle.  My picture isn't great (a week of rain doesn't help) but inside the shake it circle are some sand colored shells and sand.  On the lower right I added some beach grass and a seagull.   I stitched up the sides, matted it on black and added a kraft ribbon and an aqua mist button, then put it on the card with dimensionals.  



As the name implies, when you shake the card, the beads go around inside the plastic circle.  Kind of fun
I hope you all have a great start to your weekend.  Want to join the blog hop? Make a card using the inspiration, post it and then add it in below to the link.  Super easy.

11 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo, love the colors!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the little window box, very cute and summery!

BarbaraW said...

Great take on the inspiration theme. Great tip about the beads instead of sand.

Beckie said...

cool card! I love the soft colors and the interaction!

Ida said...

How Fun! Love that you did a shaker card and the beads look fabulous as your sand.

JP Card Crazy said...

Fabulous card love the fact it is a shaker card! Love colors you chose also!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card. Beautifully created, Linda.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is darling, Linda! Your shaker card turned out great! I still need to try one! Great mix of colors! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great idea for the inspiration. Your shaker card is awesome!

Lisa Bohler said...

what a terrifically playful interpretation of the card!

Shirley said...

Your card is just so beautiful!! I love that you did a shaker and what you used for the 'sand' is perfect! It really is quite lovely! You have really motivated me!!