Friday, May 27, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Make it Shimmer

When I saw that this weeks challenge was 'make it shimmer' I knew right away I wanted to make a butterfly card.  I have a rubbermaid box that I put die cut/stamped images in for future use.  I don't own this stamp set or this die, but my friend Karen does and a while ago, I stamped and cut a bunch of these butterflies in Razzleberry so I found this one and decided it would be the focal point of my card.  To make it shimmer I mixed up a new batch of shimmer spray.  I took an empty travel bottle, filled it with a little water and some rubbing alcohol and added a few drops of shimmer.  Then you just spray a healthy dose of shimmer onto the card stock.  I sprayed the butterfly, the swiss dot embossed white square and the hello friend sentiment.  The card base and the scallop mat are not shimmered.




Then I added this elegant pearl and diamond row to the bottom.  I picked this up at Michaels and it reminds me of a wedding belt or tiara.  So elegant.  It just pops off the backing and goes on the card in an instant.  So easy.

I am happily off work today and while I'm not doing anything fun per say, it's great to have the day to catch up on phone calls, paperwork, laundry and errands especially with the holiday weekend ahead.  So nice to not have to do these things on Saturday or Sunday.

Want to play along?  Post your shimmer card on your blog and add your link below.   No time to play?  Then just take a moment and  check out what my blogger friends made by clicking on their link below.



Have a great weekend. Leave a comment if you swing by.

16 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful, I love the pearls and rhinestone design at the bottom!

BarbaraW said...

Gorgeous card. Great use of shimmer. Love the pearl and rhinestone embellishments.

Connie Paxman said...

Love the accent of the Pearls and jewels...perfect with this color of CS and butterfly.
connie paxman

Beth said...

Very pretty in razzleberry!
Love that butterfly!

GCgirl said...

Very pretty butterfly with the shimmer mist spray, and the pearl accents are lovely too!

Shirley said...

Your card is just stunning! I really like how you showcased your image and the pearls too!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

JP Card Crazy said...

Fantastic card love the pearls and rhinestones!!! Just a sweet card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the butterfly- so pretty! Your shimmer is wonderful! I love the pearl flourish.

Sassafras said...

This card is beautiful! It has it all: love the Cottage Garden scallop behind the butterfly with the rhinestone accents, and the shimmery polka-dot mat. You inspired me to pull out that stamp!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful monochromatic card - fab use of the shimmer challenge! Love the added pearls!

njburk said...

Linda--Very pretty--love how it looks together!
Hugs, N--here in sticky Westford, Mass!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is GORGEOUS, Linda! I simply LOVE the pearls and rhinestones together! So pretty! :D

Ida said...

Very pretty. Love the butterfly and the use of the pearls/rhinestones.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like all the pretty embellishments you added.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Nikki Bond said...

WOW....fabulous! :)