Friday, May 6, 2011

Bloggers Challenge Nature


Hi bloggers,

Today's bloggers challenge was fun.  Our theme was nature.  With spring in full bloom here in New England it was very easy to get inspiration.  I was debating between several stamp sets, but finally settled on this PTI tree/bird set.  Guess what this card reminds me of?  Do you remember that awesome Dr. Seuss book 'Are you my mother?'  Do you remember that cute little baby bird looking up all the time trying to figure out who was it's mother?  Maybe my mind went there because mother's day is Sunday, but I thought this little bird on the ground looking up at the tree at the bigger bird, was just like the baby bird.

I used a beautiful aqua blue paper from memory box.  Aren't these blues just stunning?  They sell the solid, the polka dot and the small pattern all coordinated.  When I stopped into Ink About It last night on my way home from a meeting, I picked up a few color families.  Love them.  I was a little disappointed in my Ink About It trip though.  They have their big anniversary celebration this weekend so many of the displays were hidden.  I was dying of curiosity to see what was behind those sheets, but since I live 40 minutes away and only get there a few times a year, I'll miss out.  If any of you get to the celebration, let me know what I missed.

Do you have a good idea for a card using the theme Nature?  Why not play along with us?  Just create your card, take a picture, load it on your blog and add your link below.  I'd love to see your creation!!

12 comments:

Pam said...

I love that card! Beautiful! I see you stitched some more too, good for you! I am not familiar with PTI, can you help me out?

I am sorry you didn't get to see more at Ink About It. I am headed down tomorrow morning first thing, I hope they have some good stuff!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a gorgeous card, and beautiful color tones. Happy Mother's Day! Hugs, Gayle.

Sassafras said...

Well, I see you've overcome your fear of stitching, and it's only May 6!

This card is wonderful, it just evokes happiness and spring. That is a gorgeous blue and I love your reference to Are You My Mother? (reminded me of reading to my babies!)

Ida said...

Very sweet card. Love the little bird looking up at the one in the tree (so cute). - Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a lovely card! Wonderful addition of the birds and grass! Enjoy your Mother's Day!

njburk said...

I love that you added grass to your nature project--hey--I live in Westford and love Ink About it too--make sure you let me know when you come by again--we can meet at Paul's Diner and chat!
Great job on the BC today! Hugs, Nola

JP Card Crazy said...

So cute love the soft colors! Great nature theme with the birds and grass!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty Linda! Love the colors...so soft and calming! I used the same printed paper (in yellow though)...Great minds think alike...lol! Happy Mother's Day, my friend! :D

Yvonne Garner said...

Love the Dr. Seuss analogy! Great card. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is so darling! I love this darling tree and the bird really showcases it!

Nikki Bond said...

This is super cute! Love that tree image....:)

Asia said...

Love your card :)