Friday, May 13, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Sketch Challenge and card for finals week

Wow, blogger was down for a few days.  I had no idea how much I would miss it!  But now we are back in business. Yeah!






Today's post is for a sketch challenge.  I was loving those aqua colors from earlier this week so decided to keep that color scheme going for today's card.

I had just bought this new stamp set from papertrey ink.  It's called 'all booked up.'  I love it.  The papers are from memory box (yes, those are the pre-folded cards and yes, they are so fun and easy to use.)  I added some kraft, a bit of patterned paper for the mat circle layer, a tea dyed twill and aqua mist satin ribbon.  I finished it off with an aqua mist button and some chocolate bakers twine as a bow.



Aren't these images just darling?  I made a card for Sarah's last finals week.  Every semester I send her some new pajamas, candy, food and a card to encourage her for her finals week.  Since she is an English major and spends time preparing for finals by reading, I thought this image of the girl reading with the butterflies was perfect.  I can't believe that this is the last finals package I will send her.  She is a senior this year (graduation is May 21st) and the years just flew by.  I got her some cute grey and ivory pj's from target.  And of course chocolate and trail mix.




So, do you want to play along?  Come on, I know you do.  If you can, make a card using this sketch below.  Post it on your blog and then link it to the blog hop.  I would love to see some of your creations.  Don't have the time or energy to make one?  Then look at what my blogger challenges did and leave them so loving comments.



Well, off the finish my work day.  Tonight is Eric's prom so I need to get home early to get some good photo's before they head off.  Stop back on Saturday to see another card and prom pictures.

10 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Linda! A wonderful card for an English major! The colors are so soft and pretty too! Terrific final package too! Sarah must love getting these packages in the mail! :D

JP Card Crazy said...

Linda this card is so beautiful such soft colors. Great stamps too! What a great Mom sending such a nice package!

Ida said...

Wonderful card. The focal image is really neat and the colors are great.

Great prom photo's. I'm comment here since I viewed the photo's first and then went to your BC challenge next.

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card! I know she will love it!!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, I'm sure she will love the thoughtful gift!

MJ said...

Wonderful card! I didn't realize that that girl on the front image had a book in her had until I did a close up view. Those are fun images. Great card.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Beautiful colors, I'm sure your daughter will love the card and goodies!

TenSGal said...

Love the stamped image....lovely colors...your card is wonderful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How nice to have a tradition of sending packages prior to tests! The card is perfect for 'finals' and for a student majoring in English. Love the great images.

Lisa Bohler said...

Gorgeous colors and terrific use of the sketch! Awesome!