Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cards for Soldiers - General Occassion

Today I had two lovely ladies come to my home for a very fun and relaxing day of making cards for soldiers.

I think it looks so cute to see all the cards together on the countertop.  Didn't the ladies do a GREAT job?  They are all so beautiful.    We had one boo-boo, you know when the finished card takes a dive into the black momento ink pad?   Not a problem.  That card now has an extra strip of red on top and an extra flower embellishment in the corner.  I have yet to find a boo-boo that can't be fixed!

You've seen this elephant before.  This was posted on Friday's blog.  I loved it so much I decided to do it with group.  You've also seen the toothfairy card before.  We did that for the high school girls mini-course, but I did create two new cards for this.  Kimberly loaned me the PTI birthday mini stamp set and we made a darling card on green gingham using the monkey.


How cute is he on the daffodil yellow cardstock with his go bananas sentiment?

And for our elegant card, I pulled out my new PTI 'All booked up' set.  I wanted to do this in pinks and reds so I pulled out some 'my minds eye' patterned paper with polka dots and used the PTI matching mat stack 3 with some ribbon and a button.  Trust me, it's cuter in person.
So, did you have a great weekend?  I hope so.  I can't believe it's over already.  While I was playing with cards with the girls, my boys were at the red sox game.  They had a fabulous time and were sooo happy Wakefield pitched well and they came away with a win.  I guess it was a nailbiter.  My hubby just told me they walked by my copic store - Dick Blick's.  Only he was calling it the brick store and I had no idea what he was talking about at first.  Dick Blicks is right at fenway and you walk by the store if you take the green line into the ballpark. 




I was so glad they won today.  My husband has been complaining for three days about how much they paid for the tickets and how terribly the Sox have been playing.  I kept encouraging them to simply enjoy the day, but I get it, you don't want to watch a game when they are playing horribly and losing terribly.   So they were extra happy with the great performance and the win.  Well, off to take my doggies for their walk before the sun sets.  Have a great rest  of the day and start of your week.

3 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are TERRIFIC, Linda! I always LOVE seeing them all grouped together! That monkey card is just too CUTE! :D

Shirley said...

They are wonderful and they really do appreciate them. I have even had them email me to say so!

Sassafras said...

I especially love the Book it stamp on the Mat Stack 3. Really pretty colors in the image. And the monkey and elephant cards are adorable.